For those of us looking to try growing mushrooms as pretty as the ones at smugtownmushrooms, but not having very much experience in the matter (as far as choosing substrates, making sure everything is sterile), Mushroom Growing Kits are a good way to get a grow or two under your belt before going the 100% DIY route.
Various Mushroom-Growing Kits:
- Bioluminenscent Mushroom Kit
- Oyster Mushroom Kit
- Phoenix Oyster Mushroom Kit
- Pearl Oyster Mushroom Kit
- Espresso Oyster Mushroom Kit
- Pink Oyster Mushroom Kit
- Blue Oyster Mushroom Kit
- Shitake Mushroom Kit / Shitake Mushroom Log
- Portabella Mushroom Growing Kit
- Enotikake Mushroom Kit
- Reishi Mushroom Kit
- Nameko Mushroom Kit
- Maitake Mushroom Kit
- Turkey Tail Mushroom Kit
- Lion’s Mane Mushroom Growing Kit
- Shaggy Mane Mushroom Growing Kit
- Button Mushroom Growing Kit
- Pioppino Mushroom Growing Kit
- Morel Habitat Kit
I have some questions for you, actually.
- Deaf Black man is stabbed out of racism when his sign language is mistaken for a gang sign
- Anti-Islam posters run free on the train to reinforce racism anti-Islamic sentiments and Islamaphobia
- Oops! Chicago police raids the wrong house, holds an 11 month old at gunpoint to raise their hand, kills their dog all because of racism and assuming it was a crackhouse! Oopsies
- Let’s take it overseas! Black people in England and Wales are 7 times more likely to be stopped by police than white people. Asian people are twice as likely
- People assuming Native american baby names are actually Native and have any meaning to any ethnic group when they don’t
- Here’s a whole collection of people saying racist stereotyping homogenizing disgusting stuff about Natives
- People protesting (Idle No More) defending Native people’s humanity are attacked with violence
- White kids think it’s totally okay and normal to photograph themselves lynching a Black baby doll like an effigy
- Member of the most glorified band in the world Paul McCartney made a racist white supremacist song called ‘No Pakistanis’ and everyone still glorifies him as a good person
- Racism in actual political campaign in Massachusetts against a Native runner portraying her name and image in a racist stereotypical inappropriate manner
- Indian Sikh school students protest for students who are banned from wearing their turbans in public schools in France
- Here’s a graph of the statistic that approx every 28 hours an African American is extrajudicially executed in the US
- NYPD profiling and targeting LGBT*Q People of Color
- Black students (especially boys and children with disabilities) face more and harsher punishments in public schools and are being pushed out of schools into the criminal justice system.
- Black male incarceration has jumped 500% from 1986 to 2004
- Albany police: SWAT literally uses a poor Black neighborhood to train in because they say it’s ‘realistic’
- The audio recording from a young man of color of a NYPD stop and frisking him based solely how he looks calling him a “FUCKING MUTT”
- Incarceration rates by ethnicity
- All of this fucking cultural appropriation
Whoa, it does not stop
- Her Innocent Brother Was Made Into a Bombing Suspec because of racism: Sunil Tripathi’s Sister Speaks
- Wall Street Journal refers to a Chinese athlete as being “fueled with rice” even though they don’t title articles like that for white athletes
- Black Woman Pretends To Be White And Job Offers Skyrocket
- African-American man says NYPD made him rap before freeing him
- Woman Says She Called 911 for an Ambulance for Her Fiancé, Cops Came and Shot Him Instead
- A Black man holding a wallet is more likely to be shot by the police than a White man holding a gun.
- ESPN makes a racist mockery of Native americans on national TV on purpose. I don’t see any consequences for their actions
- Students of color At University of Texas Attacked By An Epidemic Of ‘Bleach Bombs’
- Racism Linked to Adult-Onset Asthma in Black Women
- Black firefighter waves to white police man and is handcuffed and on the ground
- Most of Onondaga County is disputed land, which legally belongs to the Onondaga Nation. It has been held illegally by New York State for hundreds of years, despite the Treaty of Fort Stanwix which means that the Onondaga Nation is the legal owner. Racists respond with “they didn’t work for this land it’s mine” illogically
- Disparities in the workforce exist as Black women and Latino men work more than white women and white men but the racial wage gap still exists
- Oakland: Study finds racial bias in boys’ arrests targeting guess who? Black young men, of course!
- How is it that 58% of prisoners are Black and Latino if 70% of crime committed here is done by white people?
- Forty Percent of White Americans Are Lying About Their ‘Black Friend’
- From Mosques to Soccer Leagues: Inside the NYPDâs Secret Spy Unit Targeting Muslims, Activists
- When whites were presented with an argument against the death penalty or three strikes that emphasized the racial bias of the policy, they became more (not less) supportive of capital punishment and three strikes laws.
- Who’s surprised that people were racist and needed an explanation of how not to homogenize and trivialize culture on Dia de los Muertos?
- African-Americans More Likely To Receive Lower-Quality Kidneys, Study Finds
- Islamophobia towards (obviously innocent) paying customer: Garland restaurant contaminated her drink, Muslim woman says
- Famous actor Brandon T. Jackson is called racial slurs on his flight and told “I don’t care if you’re Obama’s son” then questioned by the police and restricted from flying and left alone to look for a hotel himself for being the victim of racism on US Airways
- Rob Brown, famous star of Treme is racially profiled and arrested at Macy’s for purchasing a watch with his own money and his own credit card and accused of fraud
- Kayla Philips tries to purchase a bag at Barney’s and is also accused of fraud at Barney’s because they didn’t believe she could afford it
- White people literally cannot emphasize with Black people’s pain and thus they are given less pain medication and little to no sympathy in painful situations.
Racism against White people does not exist. Me calling you a cracker might hurt your feelings but it could never oppress you. Was never used to oppress you. Your history is being Oppressor, not the oppressed.
Meanwhile you calling me a racial slur only enforces the engraved white is right superiority that is literally seeped in everything, from beauty standards to a human value and innocence. All around the world.
You have a million and one links provided for you. Now go learn.
Hi hello, no offence but this is almost complete bullshit.
*And to think otherwise is ignorant.
And it’s sad that I have to actually tell people of this.
LMAOOOOOO you shouldn’t be saying a goddamn thing because you’re ignorant as fuck.
But I just loveeee when White People jump on a post talkin bout SAVE THE WHITES WE Is OPPREssed and all they can fucking do is throw a fucking dictionary definition which was, mind you, WRITTEN by old ass fucking white people, and try to use it to negate all the fucking oppression and death we PoC face every fucking day on a social and systemic level whilst simultaneously ignoring all the fucking history and how our today is structured on the back of the past. Are you that pathetic that you think some vague incidents of a tourist being beaten up and a dictionary definition negates all of my sources above? Hell. Did you even look at a goddamn thing written above?! You didn’t. Cuz then you wouldn’t have the need to humiliate yourself on the internet. Like if you’d clicked one link, just one link, you woulda been a pinch less ignorant. But you’re being willfully ignorant because your white tears are more important that black and brown bodies who suffer all around the fucking world because of Whitey White oppression. Like face it. You have all the power EVERYWHERE.
Cuz it’s hard to see racism when you’re White.
Excuses White People Make:
- 28 Common Racist Attitudes and Behaviors Debunked
- White Inventor Argument
- What about the Irish?
- What about other European immigrants that experienced discrimination?
- Tone Policing*
Reverse Racism Debunked Resources:
- Reverse Racism, or How the Pot Got to Call the Kettle Black
- The Undergirding Factor is POWER: Toward an Understanding of Prejudice and Racism
- Prof. Robert Jensen Discusses Racism, White Supremacy and White Privilege
- Why there’s no such thing as “Reverse Racism”
- Examining the Myth of “Reverse Racism”
- Racism against white people does not exist.*
- Reverse Racism is Not Real PP*
Definition of Racism:
Bonus!!!1! A choice link from me to you
Like should I have even provided these links? You’re not gonna read them. So why bother? But really I don’t even give a fuck right now. You’re wrong and you’re irrelevant. Bye Ms. Privileged!
I’m just linking white folk to this from now on. Done.
I’ve touched on this topic a few times. People from academia have a hard time understanding why I would deign to respond to some of the comments and messages that I receive that are obviously unfounded attacks on my credibility.
It’s hard for people to believe that the rather decorated professors that participated in the round table discussion of this blog on NPR, and various “trolls” from the bowels of other websites like Reddit who prefer to practice debunkery free from fear of rebuttal, can possibly exist in the same universe.
What happens when the twain do, in fact, meet?
Well, when this Black professor dared to state that institutional racism exists in a college classroom, three white, male students repeatedly disrupted her classroom, and then filed a complaint, with the result that the professor was formally reprimanded.
Too many people are underestimating the the relevance and viciousness of these people who are all-too-often dismissed as “trolls”. And when you dismiss that, you’re dismissing a threat to both truth in higher education as well as a threat to the lives and livelihoods of real people and educators out there right now trying to make a difference.
- The Risks of Teaching About Racism by Tressie McMillan Cottom
- We Teach Racism, Sexism, and Discrimination in Schools by Nicholas Ferroni
- Resources for College Educators: Teaching About Racism in the Classroom
- Children are Not Colorblind: How Young Children Learn Race
- 5 Tips for Talking about Racism with Kids
- Kids Aren’t Colorblind. Your Conversations With Them Shouldn’t Be Either
- Trayvon Martin and “The Talk” Black Parents Have With Their Teenage Sons by K. J. Dell’Antonia
The guy who invented the theory that vaccines cause autism had his medical license revoked for it
they took it away because he came up with a seemingly plausible theory?
They took it away because other scientists have been unable to reproduce his results, his results were made up, he didn’t even get approved by an ethics committee, and now he’s risking the health and lives of a whole bunch of people
It’s not just that he came to incorrect conclusions, he falsified data on purpose, apparently because he had patented a related medical test and stood to make a lot of money off people using his test instead of vaccinating.
It’s crazy how this one person, in a study of only twelve children, gained so much traction in the world. He put this lie out there—and it was a lie, not just interpreting data incorrectly—and now it doesn’t even matter that he’s been proven totally false. Years of effort to reestablish the truth can’t undo the lie once it’s out there in the world. Hundreds of thousands of people believe that lie, and actual children are getting sick and dying because of it.
This is a really troubling aspect of how human minds work, and it’s something conservative politicians take advantage of on a regular basis. If you just say that “well over 90% of what Planned Parenthood does" is provide abortions, it doesn’t matter how often people recite the objective truth that abortions are a tiny fraction of Planned Parenthood services. You can say the truth 1000 times for every one time the lie is repeated, and thousands of people will still trust the lie.
I’d never heard this before, and it’s actually really helpful information to have, so thanks. Here is a scientific article by the American Academy of Pediatrics explaining the flaws in Wakefield’s research and briefly summarizing four studies that refuted the fraudulent claims. Here is an article by the editor-in-chief of the British Medical Journal calling him a fraud in no uncertain terms. Here is the first part of a nine-part investigative journalistic series, published in the BMJ, uncovering his fraud. And the General Medical Council conclusions that stripped Wakefield of his clinical credentials can be found here.
I’m honestly so mad right now reading about this guy. People are dying of measles right now because vaccinations fell off so sharply, and those deaths can be laid at the door of this man.
huh weird so rapists are, like, lying about the number of people they’ve raped but all we can focus on are those damn hypothetical lying women who lied about being assaulted? lying liars lying all the time damn women lying. there’s a bigger lie in our midst, it would seem
What dafuq? This is so stupid and ignorant. We white people need to suck it the fuck up and accept the fact that we have privilege WHICH MEANS WE TAKE TIME TO SPREAD AWARENESS OF UNEQUAL OPPORTUNITIES IN OUR SOCIETY AS WELL AS DOWNRIGHT RACISM AND DISCRIMINATION PRESENT ALL AROUND US
Unequal opportunities based on race? I can agree with that… Just not in your context. Being white, I have access to fewer scholarships than a minority. I had to join the military just to be able to go to college at all."Caucasian students receive more than three-quarters (76%) of all institutional merit-based scholarship and grant funding, even though they represent less than two-thirds (62%) of the student population.
Caucasian students are 40% more likely to win private scholarships than minority students. These statistics demonstrate that, as a whole, private sector scholarship programs tend to perpetuate historical inequities in the distribution of scholarships according to race.”
BUT WHAT ABOUT FINANCIAL NEED BASED SCHOLARSHIPS????
It debunks the race myth, which claims that minority students receive more than their fair share of scholarships. The reality is that minority students are less likely to win private scholarships or receive merit-based institutional grants than Caucasian students. Among undergraduate students enrolled full-time/full-year in Bachelor’s degree programs at four-year colleges and universities, minority students represent about a third of applicants but slightly more than a quarter of private scholarship recipients. Caucasian students receive more than three-quarters (76%) of all institutional merit-based scholarship and grant funding, even though they represent less than two-thirds (62%) of the student population. Caucasian students are 40% more likely to win private scholarships than minority students.
REMEMBER THAT TIME YOU STARTED PARROTING RACIST MYTHS INSTEAD OF ACTUALLY FACT CHECKING?
Apologies in advance for the really serious post, but I think I’ve actually made my point pretty well in the text below and it’d mean a lot to me if you’d read it. Trigger warning for rape and sexual violence.
I want to prove two things:
- Rape is a unique crime not comparable to being robbed or murdered.
- The unique nature of rape makes rape jokes especially heinous.
This post is a sort-of response to a question I got this morning.
Rape is a unique crime.
Rape is not like murder or being robbed, rape is a type of torture - an exceptionally malicious act that has, at its core, no purpose except to inflict exceptional pain on you. It’s an act where the perpetrator not only wants to hurt you in a uniquely personal way, but enjoys the violation. Rape is so much more than just the act of sex - it destroys your bodily and sexual autonomy.
To rape is not merely to deny someone’s will, but to deny them their very personhood. The humiliation and shame experienced by rape victims is completely unique; they experience complete subjugation and the intimate loss of control of their own bodies.
A few weeks ago, I was mugged at gunpoint on North Carolina Ave. in Southeast DC. Now, if I’m ever back there, I’ll be much more apprehensive of my safety than I would’ve been before. This is pretty common - when you experience a violation, the area of the violation no longer feels safe. With rape, the area of violation is your own body.
Jokes about rape are uniquely horrible.
A recent joke that “comedian” Daniel Tosh made about how funny it would be if a girl was raped created a little bit of an internet shitstorm, forcing him to semi-apologize on Twitter. He followed up his apology with this Tweet:
(Personally, I find dead baby jokes a little bit gross.) “How do you get 10 babies into a jar? Blender. How do you get them out? Nachos.” Dead baby jokes, though, operate on in an area entirely removed from reality - nobody who tells that joke is actually contemplating using a baby as hummus, and functionally 0% of people know anyone who’s ever thought about or attempted to eat a pulverized baby.
Compare that to the prevalence of rape in the status quo. It’s estimated that 1 in 3 women will be sexually assaulted in their lifetime. Now, if 1 in 3 babies was killed and eaten with tortilla chips, people would think of it not as a joke, but as a horribly serious reality.
Murder jokes are less heinous for a similar reason. The national homicide rate is 4.8 per 100,000 people, meaning that the chance a given person hearing a murder joke will actually be killed is 00.0048%. The chance that you’ll actually trigger a terrible flashback from someone who’s been nearly murdered is damn low.
What really makes the difference between murder jokes and rape jokes, though, is not just the statistics. Murder is something that is taken extremely seriously in our society. Report rates are pretty high, and victims of attempted murder don’t need to worry that they’ll be accused of “asking for it” or being told that what happened to them isn’t a big deal. To be clear, I’m not justifying jokes about homicide.
Jokes about rape serve to make rape less serious. People who enjoy rape jokes commonly want to be told that rape isn’t a big deal, that it’s just sex, and that other people think so, too. A study of unreported acquaintance rapists done by Hinck and Thomas in 1999 found that “These individuals’ propensity to rape was significantly related not only to their acceptance of rape myths and of traditional ideas about male and female sexuality, but also to their belief that male sexual aggression is normal.”
That doesn’t mean that anyone who’s ever laughed at a rape joke is a future rapist. What it does mean is that these jokes provide the ammunition that these people need to justify themselves and think, “Hey, rape is not that big of a deal. It’s funny. Look, they all think so, too.”
Furthermore, the fact that rape isn’t taken seriously or that the blame is attributed to the woman keeps more women from coming forward, seeking justice for themselves, or even from getting counseling. After all, if rape isn’t that big of a deal, and if it was possibly their fault, there’s really no point. Every time a rape victim hears a rape joke, not only can the victim flash back to the rape and relive the experience in excruciating detail, but the victim also has to experience that mindfuck with the invalidation of suffering that comes with the levity of a joke.
To sum up:
- Rape is a type of torture, and rape victims experience severe psychological trauma that goes well beyond the physical damage.
- The prevalence of sexual assault makes it much more likely that either a rapist or a rape victim will hear a given joke about rape.
- Rape jokes perpetuate our society’s fucked up belief that rape isn’t serious.
- Rape jokes empower would-be rapists.
- Rape jokes further harm the victims of rape.
- Gifs for begginers
- Gif making
- Easy gif tutorial for Mac
- Blur effect
- Tweening frames
- Transition tutorial
- How to add transitions to gifs
- Reducing the amount of color on your gif
- How to make a 500px x 500px gif
- Two gifs on one canvas
- Multiple animations with continuous effect in one image
- How to put multiple gifs in one shape them
- Lyrics gif tutorial
- Gif inside gif
- Overlay gifs
- Another overlay gif
- Spinning effect
- Twirly effect
I wish we could get a resourse for Marxist and Anarchist audiobooks for people like me that have trouble focusing on reading
There’s also some Nietzsche, Schopenhauer, Kant, etc.
This is a resource post for all the Good White Person™s out there. You know, the ones who say things like “It’s not my fault I’m white! Don’t generalize white people!”, or “I’m appreciating your culture! You should be proud!”, or “Why do you hate all white people, look I’m a special snowflake who’s not racist give me an award for meeting the minimum requirements for being a decent human being”.
Well, if you are actually interested in understanding racism and how it ties into cultural appropriation, please read instead of endlessly badgering PoCs on tumblr with your cliched, unoriginal arguments and repeating the same questions over and over.
On White Privilege
aka don’t blame me just because I’m white:
- It’s Not My Fault I Was Born White: Basics of White Privilege x
- Racial Divide x
- Endless Examples of White Privilege x
- You Cannot Know What It’s Like To Be A Racial Minority x
- Intersectional Feminism x
- White Privilege Does Not Mean White People Have Perfect Lives x
- White Privilege and White Supremacy: A Presentation x
- You Will Never Experience Racism x
- Understanding White Privilege x
- White Privilege and Double Standards x
- Systematic White Ignorance x
- The Invisibility of White Privilege x
- The Luxury of White Privilege x
- White Privilege: The Harry Potter Analogy x
- Privilege Denial Bingo x
- Privilege and Cost x
- Check Your Privilege 101 x
- Whiteness x
- Whiteness is Not A Culture x
- White Privilege and Racism x
- Deeply Embarrassed White People Talk About Race x
- When White Anti Racists Talk About ~Their Struggle~ x
- White Privilege As A System x
On Reverse Racism
aka you are being racist against white people:
- Are White People Racially Oppressed x
- White People, the new Racial Minority x
- People Don’t Value Pale Skin!! x
- There Is No Such Thing As Reverse Racism x
- Racism vs. Not Racism x
- But White People Are Discriminated Against In Foreign Countries x
- The Myth of Reverse Racism: Why Cracker is Not N**** x
- Satire: A Step Wise Guide on Being Reverse Racist x
- Racism Against White People vs. Racism Against POCs x
On Cultural Appropriation
aka I’m just appreciating your culture:
- The Basics x
- Identifying Appropriation x
- But When We Wear It … x
- Why Can’t I Wear It (Hipster Headdresses) x
- Not Yours x
- If You Take The Bindi x
- White People Do It Better x
- Multiculturalism and Appropriation x
- Cultural Appropriation and Portrayals In Print Media x
- Diminishing the Cultural Significance of the Bindi x
- The Cultural Appropriation Bingo x
- Why We’re Fed Up of Your Responses x
- Identities Are Not Costumes x
- Hinduism And Appropriation x
- Religion and Privilege x
- Bindis Are Cool x
- Exotic India x
- What’s Wrong With Cultural Appropriation x
- Racism, Bindis and Ganesh Tattoos x
- BUT YOU’RE SPEAKING ENGLISH! x
- Cultural Appropriation Trolls x
- Guide to Being An Appropriating Douchefuck x
- New Age ~Culture Mixing~ x
- In case you’re tired of the prose, here’s poetry x
- Why You Shouldn’t Wear A Bindi x
- Appropriating and Sharing x
- Our Culture is A Punchline Until It’s a Trend x
- Homage Or Insult x
- Tattoos and Appropriation x
- Bollywood is Not Synonymous With Indian x
- College Party Costumes and Stereotypes x
- Dotheads x
- Bindis and Racist Humour x
- Hindu Iconography x
- Misuse of Hindu Iconography x
- Your Appreciation Doesn’t Help Us x
Assorted Vials of White Tears and Miscellaneous Antidotes
aka I can’t change that I’m white/not all whites are racist/we are all humans:
- Unoriginal Arguments Refuted x
- Quick Checklist: You Might Be Racist If x
- Your Opinion Isn’t Necessary x
- I’m Not Responsible For My Ancestors x
- The Kumbayah Myth x
- Proud to Be White x
- Good White Person x
- We Don’t Hate White People x
- Brutality of Colonialism And Why You Can’t Tell Us To Forget the Past x
- People Who Claim Not To See Race Are More Likely to Be Racist x
- All Races are Beautiful Said the White Girl x
- Race Blindness Is A Luxury x
- Well, You’re Racist For Calling Me Racist x
- I’ve Read About Its Significance, I Know What It Means
- Angry Because Someone Called You Racist x
- We’re Not All Like That x
- People Only Care About This Trivial Shit On The Internet x
- I Can’t Apologize for Being Born White, It’s Not My Fault x
- Why Can’t You Tell Me What I’m Doing Wrong x
- It’s Easy to Be Color Blind When You’re White x
- A Diagrammatic Guide To White Tears x
- Conversations I’m Sick Of Having With White People x
- Why Do You Hate White People x
- I’m Trying To Be Cultured x
- Sisyphean Conundrum x
- What is Your Problem x
- We Are All Human, We All Bleed Red x
- It’s Just A Bindi x
- How Not To Respond To Accusations of Racism x
- I’m Italian And 0.009% Native American x
- What White People Think Racism Means: A Venn Diagram x
- White Guilt x
- White Pride!!!111!!! x
- I Like *Insert Foreign Country* I Want To Live There x
- You Have So Much Hate, Fighting Fire With Fire Won’t Help x
- BooHoo, Don’t Call Me Racist x
- Not Everything Ended With Your Ancestors x
- The Racist Reaction x
- I Don’t See Why That Is Racist x
- Crummy Apologies x
Okay. I agree. I’ve been socially conditioned not to notice racism and recognize my privilege. What can I do?
I don’t care about this bullshit; you’re making a big deal out of nothing, go home and delete your blog: